Hallmarks of Natural Leather
Each piece of leather has distinctive markings, just the same as no fingerprints are the same. These markings show the natural beauty of leather and serve as a proof of the leather authenticity, some people call them the Signatures of Nature.
Natural Leather Markings
Before & After Treatment
Wrinkles of leather can be formed during the sofa delivery and storage processes due to the pressure applied by the protection materials. It is a normal phenomenon that will disappear after usage for a short period of time. Please pat the sofa according to the instructions; it can instantly reduce the wrinkles.
To ensure your sofa remains in good condition, please follow the following instructions:
- Avoid jumping on the sofa and do not sit violently onto the sofa. (Fig.1)
- Do not sit on the arms and/or the back. (Fig.1)
- Do not drag the sofa over rough surfaces (e.g.Carpet). If the sofa has to be moved, it must be lifted but not be pushed by armrest even on smooth surfaces. (Fig.2)
- The stitching is unlikely to break if the instructions above are followed. (Fig.3)
- Place the sofa at least 50cm away from any sources of heat such as heaters or radiators. (Fig.4)
- Avoid exposing the sofa to direct sunlight or powerful lamps to ensure the colour of the covering remains bright. (Fig.4)
Leather Protection – Stains Removal Methods
Stain Removal Tools and Methods
1) Fruit juice, coffee, tea, red wine, milk, coconut juice, blood, egg, jam, beer, ketchup, soda drinks, lemonade, spirits
- Carefully absorb the liquid with a dry kitchen towel or blotting paper before dry up, then clean with a damp cloth and follow with a dry cloth.
2) Soil marks, food, grease
- Make up a weak soap solution by using neutral soap and warm distilled water, and remove the stain by wiping with a soft cotton cloth, then wash out the soap with a clean damp cloth (please use distilled water, and don’t rub hard since it will damage the leather surface).
- Wipe with a damp cloth immediately, then follow with a dry cloth.
4) Butter, grease, oil, gravy sauces, rust
- Wipe with a soap solution (instructions the same as item 2), then follow with a dry cloth.
5) Chewing gum
- Harden the chewing gum by placing an ice cube on top, then scrape it off carefully. Clean the spot with special cleaning and protecting agent afterwards.
6) Ball-point pen marks
- Remove the mark immediately with special cleaning agent. Clean with ball-point pen remover if the mark has already dried up.
7) Shoe polish, wax polish
- Clean the stain with special cleaning agent and protecting agent afterwards.
* The above mentioned methods are not applicable to the Aniline Leather without covering protection treatment.
Tips for You – The Properties of Sofa Seat Cushion
|When a person sits onto a new sofa, the pressure applied to the seat cushion breaks the micro-cells and this induces a softening effect. The foam will become more supportive after the softening process has settled. This is the properties of the polyurethane foam inside the seat cushion.
||The sofa will feel softer at the early stage of usage. Don’t worry and wait patiently for the softening effect to settle.
|It is normal for the softness of the various seat/back paddings of the same sofa to differ as their softness varies according to the difference in the pressure applied to them due to the variance in usage.
||Use the different seats of a sofa evenly, especially at the initial stage of usage before the softening process settles.
|It is normal for light creases to form on the leather cover after usage. The level and quantity of the creases depends on the settlement of the polyurethane foam inside the seat cushion during usage.
||Smooth out the creases formed after each sitting to prevent the creases from intensifying.