Hallmarks of Natural Leather
Each piece of leather has distinctive markings, just the same as no fingerprints are the same. These markings show the natural beauty of leather and serve as a proof of the leather authenticity, some people call them the Signatures of Nature.
Natural Leather Markings
Before & After Treatment
Wrinkles of leather can be formed during the sofa delivery and storage processes due to the pressure applied by the protection materials. It is a normal phenomenon that will disappear after usage for a short period of time. Please pat the sofa according to the instructions; it can instantly reduce the wrinkles.
To ensure your sofa remains in good condition, please follow the following instructions:
- Avoid jumping on the sofa and do not sit violently onto the sofa. (Fig.1)
- Do not sit on the arms and/or the back. (Fig.1)
- Do not drag the sofa over rough surfaces (e.g.Carpet). If the sofa has to be moved, it must be lifted but not be pushed by armrest even on smooth surfaces. (Fig.2)
- The stitching is unlikely to break if the instructions above are followed. (Fig.3)
- Place the sofa at least 50cm away from any sources of heat such as heaters or radiators. (Fig.4)
- Avoid exposing the sofa to direct sunlight or powerful lamps to ensure the colour of the covering remains bright. (Fig.4)
Leather Protection – Stains Removal Methods
Stain Removal Tools and Methods
1) Fruit juice, coffee, tea, red wine, milk, coconut juice, blood, egg, jam, beer, ketchup, soda drinks, lemonade, spirits
- Carefully absorb the liquid with a dry kitchen towel or blotting paper before dry up, then clean with a damp cloth and follow with a dry cloth.
2) Soil marks, food, grease
- Make up a weak soap solution by using neutral soap and warm distilled water, and remove the stain by wiping with a soft cotton cloth, then wash out the soap with a clean damp cloth (please use distilled water, and don’t rub hard since it will damage the leather surface).
- Wipe with a damp cloth immediately, then follow with a dry cloth.
4) Butter, grease, oil, gravy sauces, rust
- Wipe with a soap solution (instructions the same as item 2), then follow with a dry cloth.
5) Chewing gum
- Harden the chewing gum by placing an ice cube on top, then scrape it off carefully. Clean the spot with special cleaning and protecting agent afterwards.
6) Ball-point pen marks
- Remove the mark immediately with special cleaning agent. Clean with ball-point pen remover if the mark has already dried up.
7) Shoe polish, wax polish
- Clean the stain with special cleaning agent and protecting agent afterwards.
* The above mentioned methods are not applicable to the Aniline Leather without covering protection treatment.
Tips for You – The Properties of Sofa Seat Cushion
|When a person sits onto a new sofa, the pressure applied to the seat cushion breaks the micro-cells and this induces a softening effect. The foam will become more supportive after the softening process has settled. This is the properties of the polyurethane foam inside the seat cushion.
|The sofa will feel softer at the early stage of usage. Don’t worry and wait patiently for the softening effect to settle.
|It is normal for the softness of the various seat/back paddings of the same sofa to differ as their softness varies according to the difference in the pressure applied to them due to the variance in usage.
|Use the different seats of a sofa evenly, especially at the initial stage of usage before the softening process settles.
|It is normal for light creases to form on the leather cover after usage. The level and quantity of the creases depends on the settlement of the polyurethane foam inside the seat cushion during usage.
|Smooth out the creases formed after each sitting to prevent the creases from intensifying.
Electrical and Manual Recliner Sofa
Electrical and Manual Recliner Sofa User Guide and Caring Tips
- Avoid placing anything beneath the metal frame of the recliner. It may cause damage to the parts.
- Keep an eye on your children and pets while activating the reclining mechanism to avoid trapping any body part.
- Please do not press more than one button at a time to avoid mechanical failure.
- When activating the reclining mechanism, sit as far back as possible in the chair so that the body weight is behind the mid-point of the chair.
- Don’t sit or stand on the armrest, backrest or the raised footrest; don’t get on or off a
sofa while the footrest is raised to avoid overloading and causing damage to the
- It is normal for sound to be generated while the reclining mechanism is in operation.
- Uneven height and gap may occur between the different modules of the headrest, backrest and the seat cushions.
- For pregnant women, people with reduced mobility or physical disability, please consult your doctor before use.
Glass Furniture Parts
Glass is used for some table tops, and doors of cabinets and bookcases. It resists most chemicals and stains. It can be permanently scratched, therefore it is suggested not to move rough objects across it, and do not use abrasives on it.
Clean with mild alkaline solution, such as 2 tablespoons ammonia to 1 liter water and polish dry with paper towels. A commercial glass cleaner may be used. Be very careful that no glass cleaner should get on the wood surrounding the glass as it can damage the wood finish.
Mattress Maintenance and Care
Proper maintenance is the key to extend the life of your mattress. Follow the instructions below to give your mattress the best care:
- To minimize indentation and enhance the comfort and support level, rotate the mattress end to end and upside down every 2 to 3 months excluding the mattress with Pillow top or Euro top mattress.
- Avoid using the mattress on wire mesh or any foundation with weak support, Mattress with individual Pocketed Coils cannot be used on slatted bed frame.
- Do not iron clothes or place any heat source on mattress to prevent damage.
- Do not stand or jump on the mattress, sit on the edge, or allow heavy pressure on any particular area of the mattress as it may cause damage to the pad and the spring coils.
- Avoid using corrosive agents to clean the mattress.
- Always place a bed sheet and mattress cover on top.
- Keep it dry to extend the life of a mattress.
- Do not place the mattress directly on floor, as the moisture may affect the quality of the mattress.
- Regularly rotate your mattress can reduce normal body impression on upholstery; it is normal with sinking less than 2.54cm after usage.