PERSONAL DATA (PRIVACY) ORDINANCE –
Ulferts of Sweden (Far East) Ltd.
Thank you for your valuable support to us! Ulferts Group (“Ulferts”) are dedicated to providing superior products and services to our customers. Ulferts is highly committed to protecting our customers’ privacy. In compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (“Ordinance”) which was effective on 1st April 2013, Ulferts sets out below more concerning on the use and collection of personal data, especially the use of personal data for direct marketing.
Ulferts pledges to meet the obligations and requirements of the Ordinance. Ulferts’s staffs are ensured, at all times, to follow the tightest standard of confidentiality and security to keep safe any and all personal data collected and/or stored and/or transmitted and/or used for, or on behalf of Ulferts.
If customer requests access, update or correct of his/her personal data, kept by Ulferts, Ulferts shall grant access to the individual data with the time and manner stating in the Ordinance.
The Use of Personal Data
You may be required to provide personal data to us such as, but not limited to, your name, telephone number, birthday, address, e-mail address, credit card and bank information. The collection of such information is for the intention to carry out Ulferts’s daily operation, including sale, delivery, provision and administration of Ulferts’s products and services, also including maintenance services.
We hold your personal data for the following purposes:
(1) ensure continuous provision of goods and services;
(2) verifying your identity;
(3) handling of any benefits in connection with the supply of goods and services to you;
(4) keeping you updated about Ulferts’s goods and services;
(5) analyzing, verifying and/or checking of your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the supply of goods and services to you;
(6) processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities in relation to the supply of goods and services to you;
(7) collecting of outstanding amounts in your account(including the use of debt collection agents) and/or facilitating the daily operation of your account;
(8) enabling the company to comply with any obligations to interconnect with other industry practices, or with obligations to third parties or government agencies in relation to the supply of goods and services to you;
(9) marketing and advertising purposes of Ulferts, agencies, business partners and vendors;
(10) business development and improvement of any goods and/or services, by Ulferts, agencies, business partners and vendors;
(11) prevention or detection of crime; disclosure as permitted or required by law. Ulferts website’s server also collects customer’s data on browsing internet. Your visit frequency and volume will be recorded for further analysis so as to enhance our service quality to fulfill your expectation to our website. Ulferts will also disclose such analysis or/and related user data showing the visiting records to any advertising agency.
Storage of Personal Data
Ulferts is highly committed to protect your personal data. Following our internal policy, Ulferts will destroy any personal data it keeps. Ulferts’s policies state that (1) personal data will be destroyed after the original purposes of collecting personal data are satisfied, unless the personal data is required to fulfill any applicable statutory or contractual obligations; and (2) pursuant to the mentioned criterias and internal policies, personal data will be purged from Ulferts’s manual thoroughly.
Security of Personal Data
Physical records containing personal data are highly protected in locked areas and/or containers when not in use. We also use sophisticated computer systems and storage media which access is strictly protected against unauthorized access to store the computer data.
Without appropriate management authorization, access to records and data is strictly prohibited. Authorizations are granted only on a “need to know” basis that is commensurate with an individual’s company responsibilities and their training. Where Ulferts holds, uses and/or transmits the customers’ personal data will be adequately protected from accidental and/or unauthorized disclosure, change and/or destruction.
Ulferts intends to use customer’s personal data in direct marketing after obtained his/her consent. Ulferts highly respects customer’s inclination towards the above intention. We will get your consent for the direct marketing purpose. Regarding to this purpose, please note that Ulferts will use customers’ personal data for direct marketing of latest offer and promotion activities which collected before and after 1 April, 2013, to let you know more of our latest promotional campaigns, special discount offers on products, the trends of furniture and interior design. We hold your personal data, such as name, birthday, phone number, e-mail address and address for the above direct marketing purpose. Unless we receive customers’ objection to use their personal data, Ulferts will continue to send you information.
If you reject to receive any marketing and promotional information from us, please indicate your objection by sending email to email@example.com together with your personal data of your full name and the invoice number from Ulferts.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Ulferts will always keep all the personal data confidential. Ulferts may disclose and transfer the personal data when it is necessary to satisfy the mentioned purposes, or directly related purposes, to the following parties:
(1) Any other person or company who has a legitimate right to keep such information confidential;
(2) Any person or company who is acting for Ulferts, or jointly with Ulferts, in respect of the purposes or directly related purposes for which the data was provided;
(3) Our subsidiaries, associated companies, or companies controlled by, or under common control with Ulferts;
(4) Our dealers, agents, contractors, suppliers and other telecommunication, information service providers and content providers;
(5) Our professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
(6) Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureau, or collection agencies, necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested.
(7) Government and regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies and other organizations, as required or authorized by law; and
Providing the required right/authority to access the personal data, any person or persons pursuant to any statutory or contractual obligations or as required by court of law will be able to access to the personal data. We may provide your personal data to another company which affects the control, governance, structure and/or management of all or a sustainable part of our business, or if required to satisfy applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
Pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”), you shall have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data that held by us. According to the Ordinance, Ulferts preserves the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for the time and administrative work we spend to operate in complying with your requests. You may send your request in writing to the following address:
Address: Room 1206, 12/F., Emperor Group Centre, 288 Hennesssy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: 2591 2001 (Office hours: Mon-Fri, 9:30am to 1:00pm, and 2:30om to 6:00pm)